Larian Studios Studio announced that the release date of the Baldur’s Gate 3 for the PC was postponed to August 3, 2023, almost a month earlier than the previously declared release date on August 31. The version for the PS5, on the contrary, was postponed to September 6, so, fortunately, we are talking only about an additional waiting week for console gamers.
A list of details was also voiced, which, of course, sounds very interesting, indicating that Baldur’s Gate 3 will be a very, very big game.
- The Baldur’s Gate 3 script contains more dialogs than all three books three times "The Lord of the Rings" combined, in it more than 2 million words.
- More than 170 hours of cinematographic scenes, which is twice the duration of all seasons "Game of Thrones" Together taken.
- 7 playable main characters, each with their rich history, character, desires and goals, as well as the best in its class system of creating characters to create their own characters.
- Play for one of 11 playable races and 31 strokes, with several types of body
- 12 classes and 46 subclasses compared to Divinity: Original Sin 2 was 10 "spell schools".
- More than 600 spells and actions compared to Divinity: Original Sin 2 – 225 spells and player actions.
Michael Daus Publishing House promised that the game would reach 60 FPS on PS5.
We have always been a studio that seeks to release the game on as many platforms as possible in the order of readiness. We also strove for the highest possible quality on each platform on which we came out. Now we have reached 60 frames per second on the PlayStation 5, which is simply wonderful, given the breadth and depth of the game Baldur’s Gate 3. The game has more than 170 hours of kinematographic scenes, which is more than twice the duration of all "Game of Thrones" and more than three times the number of dialogues of all three novels "The Lord of the Rings" Together taken. This is a huge, large-scale game that really revives D&D, with a multi -user game and a cooperative mode with a separated screen, in scale by about 4 times exceeding our previous game, Divinity: Original Sin 2. The achievement of a technical bar corresponding to our design ambitions seemed the right step, while a delay in the PC version, when we knew that we were ready, seemed the wrong step in such a stressful period of launch.
Further details about Baldur’s Gate 3 will be disclosed on July 7 during a living event Panel from Hell: Release Showcase.